- Anything not nailed down is mine.
- Anything I cay pry loose isn't nailed down.
- Just because it's mine doesn't mean I have to take it now. Conversely, just because I haven't taken it yet doesn't mean it isn't mine.
- Never carry a gun. You might be tempted to use it. --Entrapment
- No target is secure from a determined attacker == "Doorknobs and locks keep honest people honest" == All most security systems try to do is encourage the thief to steal from someone else.
- Freedom is good. --esr == Given a choice, pick freedom over $foo, $bar and $baz.
- Boredom and drudgery are evil. --esr == Banality and dopamine self-addiction are bad things, and to be avoided.
- The world is full of fascinating problems to solve. --esr
- No problem should ever have to be solved twice --esr == If you do something, do it right the first time.
- Attitude is no substitute for competence --esr == Actions speak louder than words, and code louder still.
- If something is broken, and you have the tools and skills to fix it, fix it now, and leave a note if you feel the need.
- Use the source [Luke], and RTFM.
- What must be done, must be done.
- It is best to win without battle --Sun Tzu
- Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger --Crom
- Weak leaders are to be challenged, but not in times of war. --The Litany, WW:tA
- Never tell me the odds! -- H. Solo aka "Then we must each kill 100 of them.." -- Thlingon hol lore
- "A warrior may slit one thousand throats in one night if only he runs fast enough." Thlingon hol lore
- The Show must go on
- Never confuse marks with patrons, or the crowd with the audience.
- When all else fails, improvise!
- There is no such thing as bad publicity.
- There's a sucker born every minute. -- P T Barnum
- No one ever lost a dollar betting on the mendacity of the American people -- H. L. Mencken