Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile adric.net Previous Previous Next Next
nil.enroll(aetheric_username, quantum_class_id)
yljatlhQo'! QIch lo'laltbebej!
Lazyweb: Non-traditional enrollment?
Oh lazywebs,

What do y'all know about college/university enrollment for working "adults" who have possibly previously attended, but not completed college/university ? What does this do for financial aid or fulltime enrolled student status?

In the specific case, I have Associate's degrees, which should help with some of the pain.
2 comments or Leave a comment
arya From: arya Date: February 25th, 2009 09:34 pm (UTC) (Link)
You apply as a transfer student. And this REALLY helps your financial aid (unless you made a lot of money last year). Assuming you claimed crap for your previous year's income taxes, anyway.
elt03c From: elt03c Date: March 11th, 2009 11:48 pm (UTC) (Link)
Depends on your desired area. I would venture to say most of the online only universities aren't worth the money they are asking for (University of Phoenix, Capella, etc.). Many major 4 year institutions as well as community colleges offer online 4 yr (typically bachelor's) degrees, classes after five, and hybrid degrees. Financial aid in terms of fed loans stay the same as long as you're enrolled. Application process is the same as if you were a first time student, some institutions offer "returning" and "non-traditional" application options.
2 comments or Leave a comment